Each year Johnny's contributes to a range of educational, agricultural, and horticultural programs and events, as well as local community efforts.
Our mission is helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service. Each year, Johnny's Selected Seeds additionally provides financial support to national and local agricultural, educational, and horticultural programs, events, and efforts in service to our mission.
To qualify for consideration, the requesting organization or program must be an agricultural needs-based organization that actively participates in:
- Educating people, teaching growing or farming practices and techniques for long-term impact (e.g., schools, agricultural workshops, community programs).
- Providing locally-grown produce to communities by working with communities to grow produce to feed themselves.
- Supporting and promoting healthy eating habits.
- Protecting seed diversity and breeding work.
- Supporting organic and sustainable growing practices and techniques.
- Other appropriate agricultural or horticultural programs or efforts.
Johnny's Charitable Giving program is unable to fulfill requests that we apply credit to any previously or separately submitted product orders.
- 32 Easy-to-Grow Varieties
- Growing Garden Seeds, written by our Founder, Robert Johnston.
- Specifically for schools: gardens, greenhouses, educational purposes, etc.
- 32 Easy-to-Grow Varieties, all Certified-Organic.
- Specifically for organizations that are certified-organic or looking for strictly organic items.
- Hand Hoe, Garden Gloves, Johnny's Winter Beanie, Small Gorilla Tub, Seed Sower Planter, and 4 packets of Johnny's-Exclusive Vegetable Seeds.
- Specifically for organizations that are holding silent auctions, to use as a door prize, to help raise funds for organizations that align with our mission:
Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service..
All requests for support must follow our submissions process:
- Provide a completed application that details your event or cause.
Fill out an application (PDF form to attach to an email or print for mailing).
NOTE: After downloading and opening the PDF file, you must save the file to a location on your system, fill out the form, resave it, then select and attach the file to the email you submit to us (or print it out and mail it to us).
- Submit your request for consideration prior to one of our four annual review sessions. (We recommend you provide ample lead time.)
- Include documentation that describes your organization, project, or program and its purpose or goal (eg, project/program plan, brochure, educational material, etc).
Please ensure that your application is complete upon submission. An incomplete application or the failure to provide sufficiently supportive documentation may result in disqualification for consideration.
If you have questions, or a highly time-sensitive request that you would like us to consider, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are honored to be the recipients of the