Canada Shipping Information
Canada Shipping Notes
- Standard, Next-Day Air, and 2nd-Day Air orders of in-stock items placed by 2:00pm Eastern Time (by 1:30pm ET on the web), Monday through Friday, will ship the same day.
- Orders placed after this time or over the weekend will be processed for shipment the next business day. We do not ship orders on Saturdays, Sundays, and some holidays. We may also experience same-day shipping delays due to major weather events.
- Other exceptions include orders of products not currently in stock as well as orders requiring additional import documentation, both of which take longer.
- Our same-day shipping policy does not apply to wholesale orders as they can take 24–48 hours to process.
- To check the status of an order you can call us at 877-564-6697 or email [email protected].
- For items marked "Ships from supplier," please call for expected delivery times of expedited orders. Upon shipping, standard transit times vary from 3–10 business day in most cases.
- Transit times and delivery dates cannot, however, be guaranteed by Johnny's.
- When Standard Shipping is selected for an order to be sent to Canada, the order will be shipped through the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), via First Class or Priority Mail.
- Johnny's Selected Seeds will choose the best option for your order.
- Refer to the chart below for standard shipping charges.
Standard Shipping Charges † ( USD )
All amounts shown are in U.S. dollars.
Orders Valued $2500 CAD or Greater
A customs broker may be required by the Canada Border Service Agency to have your order cleared through customs. You may be able to clear the shipment yourself. Johnny's can provide the detailed information regarding your order that you will need to clear customs. Johnny's is not able to clear shipments and is not responsible for the cost to have this done. If you have any questions, please call Johnny's toll-free at 800-854-2580 (Canada) or email Jordan Yoder, Canada Sales Support Specialist.
Additional Shipping Charges
Items requiring additional shipping charges due to the product's size, weight, or shape are designated in our catalog by a red asterisk * and are also indicated in the Notes on the individual product's webpage.
The Canadian additional shipping charges will be listed under Shipping Zone D. These are FOB (Freight On Board) shipping charges, and will be applied during checkout and will be listed in the order total as "Surcharge."
Other Shipping Methods
We offer additional shipping options via USPS, UPS, FedEx, and other carriers.
The cost of shipping through these carriers is based on the weight of the shipment.
With orders that are placed online, shipment via these methods requires that we contact you prior to shipping the order, to confirm the shipping charges and order total.
- Worldwide Expedited
Orders will be delivered in 3–5 days post processing, on average. (As noted above, however, transit and delivery times are variable at this time and cannot be guaranteed by Johnny's.) This method offers the quickest delivery time for a UPS shipment. Brokerage fees are included in the amount charged by Johnny's. Orders can be tracked instantly.
- Standard Ground
Orders will be delivered in 5–7 days post processing, on average. (As noted above, however, transit and delivery times are variable at this time and cannot be guaranteed by Johnny's.) This method is good for orders of significant weight (i.e., >30 lb) that are low in monetary value. There is a brokerage charge associated with this service, collected upon delivery. Orders can be tracked instantly.
We can also arrange to ship your order through a bulk freight courier. Orders weighing 300 lb or greater are best shipped using this method. We will offer you a competitive quote if we feel this is the best method for your order.
We can also accommodate your courier of choice.
Fees Collected upon Delivery
Duties and Taxes may be assessed on any order shipped to Canada, and are based on the order value. These fees are determined by the Canadian government. Payment of any duties or taxes is the responsibility of the recipient. More information can be obtained by contacting the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) or the Canada Revenue Agency.
Brokerage Fees are charged for clearing the order through customs. The fees are collected for orders shipped only via FedEx Ground or UPS Standard Ground. Payment of the brokerage fees is the responsibility of the recipient.
Importation Fees may be collected on any shipment imported into Canada. Payment of the importation fees is the responsibility of the recipient.
Line Item Fees are collected for shipments sent via FedEx or UPS. Assessed FedEx line item fees are US$3.75 per line after the first five harmonized code lines. Assessed UPS line item fees are US$4.50 per line after the first five harmonized code lines. Payment of the line item fees is the responsibility of the recipient.
Backorders will be shipped automatically at no additional cost. We reserve the right to choose the appropriate ship method for backordered items.
- American Express
- Johnny's-Approved Credit Accounts are available for commercial customers only. Download and submit a Credit Application to request approval.
Additional acceptable forms of payment include:
- Money Order
- Wire Transfer (Requires additional bank fee of $15.)
All prices are displayed in U.S. dollars. For your protection, we require that the billing address for the order match the address on file with the bank issuing the credit card.
We are unable to ship certain items to Canada. These items are designated with notation to this effect in the product details and in your Shopping Cart.
Agricultural Import Requirements & Restrictions
It is always best to check with the CFIA regarding requirements for items you are importing. While we pride ourselves on our research and accommodation of import requirements, the importer (customer) is responsible for knowing the current requirements.
- Canadian Seed Analysis Certificates (CSAC)
Seed analysis certificates may be required, depending upon the type of seed and the amount of seed shipped. If your order requires this document, it will be included at no charge. The criteria for CSACs are listed below.
- Vegetable Seed (Small Seed) : 200 seeds or more per gram (eg, Pepper, Tomato, Eggplant)
- Quantities weighing less than 1.09 lb (500 g) require no documentation.
- Quantities weighing 1.09 lb (500 g) or more require a Seed Analysis Certificate.
- Vegetable Seed (Large Seed) : Less than 200 seeds per gram (eg, Bean, Corn, Pumpkin, Melon)
- Quantities weighing less than 11 lb (5 kg) require no documentation.
- Quantities weighing 11 lb (5 kg) or more require a Seed Analysis Certificate.
- Herb Seed
- Quantities weighing 5 kg (11 lb) or more per lot require a Seed Analysis Certificate.
- Flower Seed
- No quantity restrictions, and no Seed Analysis Certificate required.
- Phytosanitary Certificates
These certificates are rarely required for Canadian shipments. If your order requires a phytosanitary certificate, we will contact you to discuss options.
The charge for these documents is $143.04.
Johnny's is unable to ship Canadian orders without the required certificates.
Questions & Contact Information
For detailed growing information, special orders, and account questions, please contact a member of our Canada Sales Team:
January–AprilMon–Fri: 8am–8pm ET
Sat–Sun: 8am–5pm ET
MayMon–Fri: 8am–7pm ET
Sat: 8am–5pm ET
JuneMon–Sat: 8am–5pm ET
July–DecemberMon–Fri: 8am–5pm ET
NOTE: Seasonal hours subject to change.