Bee Feed Mix Flower Seed
Provide bee forage all season long.
A blend of nectar and pollen flowers for honey bees, native bees, bumblebees, and other pollinators. This mix of low-maintenance perennials and reseeding annual wildflowers contains:
• Agastash foeniculum - Anise Hyssop (P)
• Aster novae-angliae - New England Aster (P)
• Callistephus chinensis - China Aster (A)
• Cheiranthus allionii - Siberian Wallflower (P)
• Coreopsis lanceolata - Lanceleaf Coreopsis (P)
• Coreopsis tinctoria - Plains Coreopsis (A)
• Cynoglossum amabile - Chinese Forget-Me-Not (B)
• Echinacea purpurea - Purple Coneflower (P)
• Erigeron speciosus - Fleabane (P)
• Eschscholzia californica - California Poppy (A)
• Gaillardia pulchella - Indian Blanket (A)
• Gilia capitata - Globe Gilia (A)
• Layia platyglossa - Tidy Tips (A)
• Linum perenne - Blue Flax (P)
• Lobularia maritima - Sweet Alyssum (A)
• Monarda fistulosa - Bergamot (P)
• Nemophila menziesii - Baby Blue-Eyes (A)
• Papaver rhoeas - Corn Poppy (A)
(Varieties are subject to change depending upon availability.)
Ht. 4–48". Avg. 34,000 seeds/oz. Packet: 500 seeds.
Orders exceeding 1 lb. cannot ship to Canada. We apologize for the inconvenience.
SOWING: Direct seed (recommended) - Prepare weed-free field or bed area. Broadcast mixture evenly over area. Lightly rake seed and gently tamp into soil to ensure good seed-to-soil contact. Seed should be no deeper than 1/8". Keep area moist to aid germination. Planting Times: Plant in late spring, early summer, or late fall. For fall sowing, wait until the soil temperature is too cool to allow seed germination (below 40ºF/4.4ºC).
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
PLANT HEIGHT: 4-48" Plant heights vary depending on species.
PLANT SPACING: 6-12 lbs/acre. 540,000 seeds/lb.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Average, well-drained soil.
USES: Natural plantings for beds and field areas.
SEEDING RATE: A packet (approximately 500 seeds) sows a 75-100' row or 5-10 square feet; 5 oz. sows 1,000 square feet; 6-12 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.
Johnny's is committed to your success, every step of the way.
We want you, our customer, to be 100% satisfied with all of our seeds, tools, and supplies.
If anything you purchase from us proves unsatisfactory, we will either replace the item or refund the purchase price.