- Butterfly & Hummingbird Flower Mix | Key Growing Information
- Flower Collections & Mixes | Spec Sheet (PDF)
- Shade Flower Mix | Key Growing Information
- Bee Feed Flower Mix | Key Growing Information
- Beneficial Insect Flower Mix | Key Growing Information
- Northern Lights Flower Mix | Key Growing Information
- Xeriscape Flower Mix | Key Growing Information
- Easy Cut-Flower Garden Map | For Growers New to Flowers (PDF)
- Easy Cut-Flower Garden Planner | For Growers New to Flowers (PDF)
Bee Feed Flower Mix - Key Growing Information
SOWING: Direct seed (recommended) - Prepare weed-free field or bed area. Broadcast mixture evenly over area. Lightly rake seed and gently tamp into soil to ensure good seed-to-soil contact. Seed should be no deeper than 1/8". Keep area moist to aid germination. Planting Times: Plant in late spring, early summer, or late fall. For fall sowing, wait until the soil temperature is too cool to allow seed germination (below 40ºF/4.4ºC).
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
PLANT HEIGHT: 4-48" Plant heights vary depending on species.
PLANT SPACING: 6-12 lbs/acre. 540,000 seeds/lb.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Average, well-drained soil.
USES: Natural plantings for beds and field areas.
SEEDING RATE: A packet (approximately 500 seeds) sows a 75-100' row or 5-10 square feet; 5 oz. sows 1,000 square feet; 6-12 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.