- Strawberries | Instructions for Growing from Seed, including Traditional & Alpine Strawberries | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Basics of Growing Hoophouse Strawberries, by Lynn Byczinski
- Summer-Bearing / June-Bearing Strawberries | Key Growing Information
- Day-Neutral / Everbearing Strawberries | Key Growing Information
- Strawberries | Instructions for Growing from Bare-root Plants | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Strawberry Planting/Harvesting Program Comparison Chart
- Strawberries | Instructions for Growing in Hanging Containers from Bare-root Plants | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- 3 Main Types of Strawberries: Tips for Selecting Which Types to Grow
Johnny's STRAWBERRY Planting/Harvesting Program
Strawberry Season Extension
Johnny's Strawberry Planting/Harvesting Program is designed to take the guesswork out of variety selection, allowing you to extend your strawberry harvest across the growing season.
There are two main types of strawberries: 1) day-neutral, also known as everbearing varieties, which produce fruit midsummer through fall; and 2) summer-fruiting, also known as June-bearing varieties, which produce a single harvest, mostly in June but some of which bear into July. We've broken these two types out as follows, so you can use the charts to choose varieties by their key distinguishing features and seasonal fruiting/harvesting slots.
Take note that actual ripening times will vary depending upon your latitude/geolocation, microclimate, cultivation practices, and year-to-year climate variation, among other factors.