The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the territory sales teams, playing a key role in the overall success of the teams while aligning and working in direct partnership with one or more internal and/or external Sales Representatives. The ideal candidate is both self-driven and a team player; resourceful; and comfortable communicating by phone, fax, and email to maintain client information. The ideal candidate will additionally have a proven work history with exceptional customer service skills. The role requires excellent organizational and customer-focused skills.
This is a full-time position reporting to our Fairfield, Maine facility.
- Provide back-up for Sales Representative(s).
- Manage leads by tracking and following up on calls.
- Provide a consistent, positive customer experience in the effective resolution of escalated issues.
- Act as the main contact for all internal departments, to resolve issues and to drive high customer experience.
- Ensure strong partnership and collaboration with aligned internal Sales Representative(s) and all internal departments.
- Educate customers about our services and products, companywide, to improve related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Assist Territory Sales Manager to execute an annual sales strategy, budget, and forecast with resultant territory business growth.
- Contribute to performance reviews of all territory team members.
- Suggest and develop additional administrative tools that support the territory team.
- Generate leads through cold calling.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
- Required: College degree, preferably with concentration in business or agriculture.
Qualifications & Skills
- Six months' telesales/outbound calling experience preferred.
- Sales- and goal-oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization (through phone, email, and in person).
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience with shipping, both domestically and internationally.
- Organizational agility; ability to accomplish tasks through formal and informal channels.
- Strong organizational skill.
- Expertise in customer service and a "customer first" approach.
- Ability to freely access all areas and locations of the business.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit and/or stand at a computer for at least 80% of the work day.
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance