Sales Support Specialist
The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the territory sales team, playing a key role in the overall success of the team while working in direct partnership with one or more internal and/or external Sales Representatives. The ideal candidate is one who is both self-driven and a team player; resourceful; and comfortable communicating by phone, fax, and email to maintain client information. The ideal candidate additionally will have a proven work history, with exceptional customer focus, customer service, and organizational skills.
This position reports to our Fairfield, Maine facility.
- Provide back-up for Sales Representative(s).
- Manage leads by tracking and following up on calls.
- Provide a consistently positive customer experience in the effective resolution of escalated issues.
- Act as main contact for all internal departments, to resolve issues and drive high customer experience.
- Ensure strong partnership and collaboration with aligned internal Sales Representative(s) and all internal departments.
- Educate customers about Johnny's services and products, companywide, to improve related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Assist Territory Sales Manager with execution of annual sales strategy, budget, and forecast, with resultant territory business growth.
- Contribute to performance reviews of all territory sales team members.
- Suggest and develop additional administrative tools that support the territory sales team.
- Generate leads through cold calling.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
- College degree, preferably with concentration in business or agriculture.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 6 months' telesales/outbound calling experience preferred.
- Sales- and goal-oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization via phone, email, and in person.
- High attention to detail.
- Organizational agility; ability to accomplish tasks through formal and informal channels.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Expertise in customer service and a "customer first" approach.
- Ability to freely access all areas and locations of the business.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit and/or stand at a computer for at least 80% of the work day.
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.