Butterfly and Hummingbird Mix Flower Seed
Attract butterflies and hummingbirds from spring through fall.
Flowers reach about 3 1/2' and create a meadow effect. Mix contains:
• Asclepias tuberosa - Butterfly Milkweed (P)
• Callistephus chinensis - China Aster (A)
• Centaurea cyanus - Bachelor's Button (A)
• Cheiranthus allionii - Siberian Wallflower (P)
• Clarkia amoena - Godetia (A)
• Coreopsis lanceolata - Lanceleaf Coreopsis (P)
• Coreopsis tinctoria - Plains Coreopsis (P)
• Delphinium consolida - Larkspur, Rocket (A)
• Echinacea purpurea - Purple Coneflower (P)
• Eschscholzia californica - California Poppy (A)
• Gaillardia aristata - Blanket Flower (P)
• Gaillardia pulchella - Indian Blanket (A)
• Iberis umbellate - Candytuft (A)
• Liatris spicata - Blazing Star (P)
• Lobularia maritima - Sweet Alyssum (A)
• Lupinus perennis - Perennial Lupine (P)
• Monarda citriodora - Lemon Mint (A)
• Ratibida columnifera - Prairie Coneflower (P)
• Rudbeckia hirta - Black-eyed Susan (P)
• Salvia coccinea - Scarlet Sage (A)
(Varieties subject to change depending upon availability.)
Ht. 10–48". Avg. 7,400 seeds/oz. Packet: 650 seeds.
Orders exceeding 1 lb. cannot ship to Canada. We apologize for the inconvenience.
SOWING: Direct seed (recommended) - Prepare weed-free field or bed area. Broadcast mixture evenly over area. Lightly rake seed and gently tamp into soil to ensure good seed-to-soil contact. Seed should be no deeper than 1/8". Keep area moist to aid germination. Planting Times: Plant in late spring, early summer, or late fall. For fall sowing, wait until the soil temperature is too cool to allow seed germination (below 40ºF/4.4ºC).
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
PLANT HEIGHT: 10-48" Plant heights vary depending on species.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Average, well-drained soil.
USES: Natural plantings for beds and field areas.
SEEDING RATES: A packet (approximately 650 seeds) sows a 75-100' row or 5-10 square feet; 1/2 lb. sows 1,000 square feet.; 11-22 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.
SEEDING RATES: A packet (approximately 650 seeds) sows a 75-100' row or 5-10 square feet; 1/2 lb. sows 1000 square feet.; 11-22 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.
USE: Natural plantings for beds and field areas.
Johnny's is committed to your success, every step of the way.
We want you, our customer, to be 100% satisfied with all of our seeds, tools, and supplies.
If anything you purchase from us proves unsatisfactory, we will either replace the item or refund the purchase price.