- How to Air-Dry Cut Flowers | Easy Instructions from Johnny's
- Getting Started in Cut-Flowers | Top 15 Cuts
- Gomphrena (Globe Amaranth) | Key Growing Information
- Heat & Drought: How Flower Farmers Are Adapting to Changing & Challenging Climatic Conditions
- Slow Flowers | Building a Better Market Bouquet | Tips & Techniques for Flower Farmers
Gomphrena (Globe Amaranth) - Key Growing Information
DAYS TO GERMINATION: 5-14 days at 70-78°F (21-26°C)
SOWING: Transplant - Sow into 72-cell flats, or preferred seedling container, 6-8 weeks before planting outside. Cover lightly with 1/8" growing media. Harden off plants and transplant out after danger of frost. Direct seeding is not recommended.
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
PLANT HEIGHT: 18-28".
PLANT SPACING: 6-8". No pinching or support is necessary.
HARDINESS ZONES: Annual.
HARVEST: Fresh: Harvest when flowers are in color but before fully open. Dried: Harvest when flowers are completely open; hang to dry.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Any soil with good drainage.
USES: Cut flower or bedding plant.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Gomphrena spp.