At Johnny's, our goal is always to ship your order quickly and efficiently, without delay. While we pride ourselves on our research and accommodation of import regulations, the importer (customer) is ultimately responsible for staying abreast of their country's agricultural import requirements.
To ensure the fastest possible fulfillment of your order, please check with your Ministry of Agriculture for any necessary permits or documents. Johnny's cannot be responsible for confiscated items, delayed orders, duties, or taxes. We further reserve the right to deny shipment of any order without the required, proper documentation.
If an import permit is required, you must obtain one from your Ministry of Agriculture. All documents must bear official seals from the Ministry of Agriculture and be accompanied by an English translation. Once the import permit is obtained (if required), we can determine whether the ordered seed can meet the stated requirements.
When an order requires a phytosanitary certificate, the charge assessed for this document is based on the total value of the items in the order:
- Total order value under $1250 USD: $125 USD per shipment
- Total order value $1250 USD and over: $150 USD per shipment
All orders are displayed, calculated, and should be paid in US funds. It is your responsibility to convert funds into US dollars.
Johnny's accept the following credit cards:
- American Express
For your protection, we require that the billing address for the order match the address on file with the bank issuing the credit card.
Additional acceptable forms of payment include:
- Johnny's-Approved Credit Account
(Commercial customers only. Download Credit Application.)
- Money Order
- Wire Transfer (Requires additional bank fee of $15 USD.)
Johnny's requires a minimum order of $175 USD in merchandise per order shipped to non-Canada International addresses.
We will contact you with a quote for the best shipping method suggested for your order. We will explain the reasons for that suggestion, and provide you with choices for other shipping methods.
- USPS First Class Mail: Shipment cannot be tracked once it leaves our facility.
- USPS Priority Mail: Shipment can take several days to track if lost in transit.
- USPS Express Mail: Shipment can take several days to track if lost in transit.
- FedEx International Economy: Shipment can be tracked instantly.
- FedEx International Priority: Shipment can be tracked instantly.
We can ship international orders via other methods, but prefer that you have an account set up with that courier. If you wish to use a courier that is not listed above, please ask and we will try to accommodate your request.
Due to the cost of international shipping, we cannot separately ship backorders free of charge. Should any items in your order be backordered, your options are to have us either:
- Hold your entire order until the backordered items become available, then ship it complete.
- Remove any backordered items from your initial order and ship the available portion; then separately ship the backordered items when available, with an additional shipping charge.
- Cancel the backordered items and ship only the available portion of your order.
Your government may charge duties and taxes on your order. If there is a duty or tax, you will be notified by your applicable government (usually customs) office. Johnny's Selected Seeds is not responsible for these charges and has no control over the fees charged.
Questions & Contact Information
For questions or assistance with international orders, please contact our International Sales Team: