- Shoots | Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Shoots | Key Growing Information
- Nasturtium (Tropaeolum spp.) Shoots | Key Growing Information
- Instructions for Growing Shoots | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Instructions for Growing Sunflower Shoots | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Video: 'Dwarf Grey Sugar Pea' Shoots | Quick, high-value crop for year-round growing
Video: 'Dwarf Grey Sugar Pea' Shoots | Quick, high-value crop for year-round growing
Here we have our 'Dwarf Grey Sugar Pea'. This shoot has a nice sweet pea flavor.
Shoots are a fast and easy way to dress up heartier dishes like stewed meats and chilis but can be used to add nutritional and visual value to lighter fare as well, such as salads, stir-fries, pad thai, or risotto. You can slice them up or simply add them whole. They can also serve a beautiful and tasty garnish for cheese, antipasto, or charcuterie platters.
Sprouts grow quickly on a greenhouse bench, light cart, or sunny windowsill, and you can harvest them in just a few days.
A quick growing tip is to lay your shoot seeds out in your planting container before soaking. This will help you better estimate how many seeds you will need.