A Message from Johnny's About COVID-19
Dear growers and friends,
As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve and to challenge our critical business operations, we are doing everything we can to ensure that our customers receive the seeds and supplies they need. Our employees' safety remains our primary concern, so we are making some further adjustments to balance the extremely high number of orders we are receiving with necessary safety measures in our facilities. Our employee-owners are committed to serving you during this difficult time and we appreciate your patience with these short-term changes to our customer service.
We are well stocked with the seeds, tools and supplies you need for your growing season, but we do ask for some patience as we do our best to serve you. Due to the surge in demand it is challenging to keep up with the manual packing of seeds from our bulk inventory, so certain sizes may be shut down temporarily while we re-stock. If you do not see the size you are looking for, please check back with us.
Johnny's employees pride themselves on answering your calls quickly and on our same-day shipping, but in order to protect their safety during this time, we have made some adjustments to our business operations. Here's what you can expect as of March 31st, 2020:
- At this time, we are accepting new orders only from commercial farmers shipping to the U.S. and Canada and international wholesale customers. We plan to resume taking orders from all customers on April 14th. This restriction applies to all orders placed via our website, phone, and email. This was a difficult decision and we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Commercial Farmers only: Please login to your website account before placing your order or call our contact center at
1-877-564-6697for assistance. If you have forgotten your password, you can find information on resetting your password here.
- Orders placed with our standard shipping option prior to March 31st, 2020 may experience a shipment delay of 5–10 days. Commercial orders placed on or after March 31st, 2020 may experience a shipment delay of 1–2 days.
- You may experience a longer than usual response time when you phone in your order, call on us to answer growing questions, or email us to make inquiries.
- We have closed our retail store in Winslow, Maine, and will not be hosting farm tours until further notice.
We remain honored that you have chosen Johnny's. Whether you have been buying from Johnny's for 25 years or this is your first order, please know that we care deeply about helping you through the challenges of this coronavirus outbreak. Call or email us if you need growing advice or help finding products.
Please take care of yourself, your family, and your crew.
— The Employee–Owners of Johnny's Selected Seeds