Your local Cooperative Extension office provides research-based advice on agriculture and horticulture that is specific to your region. The U.S. Cooperative Extension System offices are staffed by experts who can help answer your questions about pest and disease management, growing conditions, sustainable agriculture, farm management, and more. Local educational programs and publications are also offered.
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) of the USDA, administers funding for Cooperative Extension offices, in cooperation with state and county governments and land-grant universities.
The Cooperative Extension System additionally offers programs in a variety of other areas including Family, Youth & Communities; Food, Nutrition & Health; Economics & Community Development; Education; Animal Agriculture, and more.
Each U.S. state and territory has a state office at its land-grant university and a network of local or regional offices. These offices are staffed by one or more experts who can help with research-based information.
eXtension.org is an interactive learning site offering research-based information from America's land-grant universities, including articles, videos, webinars, and additional resources.
- Foliage & Fillers • Farmer–Florists Share Their Favorites
- 3 Easy, Reliable, Productive Cut Flowers • Sunflowers, Rudbeckia & Zinnias
- Year-Round Micro Greens Production Guide • Planning, Sowing, Production, Harvesting & Marketing
- Greenhouse Varieties • How We Trial & Select Varieties for Protected Culture
- Top-15 Tomatoes for High Tunnel & Hoophouse Production • Diseases & Resistances to Look For, Plant Habit & Variety Recommendations
- Asian Greens • 10 Varieties + 5 Easy Recipes to Get You Started
- Greens for All Growers • A 3-Tiered Marketing Approach
Seed Variety Trials at Johnny's
- Why Try Something New
- How to Conduct Your Own Trial
Cover Crop Decision-Making5 Steps for Deciding What to Plant, When & Where
- Culinary Breeding Network Founder Lane Selman Visits Johnny's • Opening the Door Behind the Farm to Connect Consumers with Breeders & Growers
- Johnny's & Unity Food Hub Host 1st Annual Seed-to-Table Variety Tasting
- Janika Eckert Receives 2016 AAS Breeder's Cup • For Classical Plant Breeder at Johnny's, Patience Has Its Reward