Your local Cooperative Extension office provides research-based advice on agriculture and horticulture that is specific to your region. The US Cooperative Extension System offices are staffed by experts who can help answer your questions about pest and disease management, growing conditions, sustainable agriculture, farm management, and more. Local educational programs and publications are also offered.
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) of the USDA, administers funding for Cooperative Extension offices, in cooperation with state and county governments and land-grant universities.
The Cooperative Extension System additionally offers programs in a variety of other areas including Family, Youth & Communities; Food, Nutrition & Health; Economics & Community Development; Education; Animal Agriculture; and more.
Each US state and territory has a state office at its land-grant university and a network of local or regional offices. These offices are staffed by one or more experts who can help with research-based information.
eXtension.org is an interactive learning site offering research-based information from America's land-grant universities, including articles, videos, webinars, and additional resources.
- Introduction to Hydroponic Growing
- Hydroponic Seed-Starting & Environmental Variables Tech Sheet PDF
- Hydroponic Growing Media Tech Sheet PDF
- Top Picks for Getting Started with Microgreens • 7 Recommendations for the Beginner
- Guide to Year-Round Microgreens Production • Planning, Sowing, Production, Harvesting & Marketing
- Microgreens Yield Trial Results • Comparison Chart of AVERAGES for 29 Popular Varieties Tech Sheet PDF
- Microgreens Yield Trial Results • Table of RAW DATA XLS
- 5 Cool Flowers to Plant Now • Lisa Mason Ziegler's Tips & Recommendations for Hardy, Cool-Season Annuals
- Classic Storage Crops • Guidelines for Post-Harvest Handling, Storage Conditions & Shelf Life
- Johnny's Carrot-Growing Guide • 4 Keys to Successful Carrot Culture
- Late-Summer Recipe Preview with Farmer–Chef Frank Giglio • 'Valentine' Red Grape Tomato & 'Red Ember' Cayenne Pepper
- Johnny's Selected Seeds Announces New Summer Squash • Johnny's-Bred 'Tempest' Is a Culinary Star
- Johnny's Celebrates Two More All-America Selections! • Valentine & Red Ember Capture 2018 AAS Awards
- Calling All Growers, Gardeners & Gourmands • You Are Cordially Invited to the 2nd Annual Seed-to-Table Variety Tasting