Your local Cooperative Extension office provides research-based advice on agriculture and horticulture that is specific to your region. The US Cooperative Extension System offices are staffed by experts who can help answer your questions about pest and disease management, growing conditions, sustainable agriculture, farm management, and more. Local educational programs and publications are also offered.
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) of the USDA, administers funding for Cooperative Extension offices, in cooperation with state and county governments and land-grant universities.
The Cooperative Extension System additionally offers programs in a variety of other areas including Family, Youth & Communities; Food, Nutrition & Health; Economics & Community Development; Education; Animal Agriculture; and more.
Each US state and territory has a state office at its land-grant university and a network of local or regional offices. These offices are staffed by one or more experts who can help with research-based information.
- Introducing over 300 new Dynamic Comparison Charts & Key Growing Information Pages
- Guide to Choosing a Grow Light Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Guide to Small-Scale Bed Preparation Tools Article
- Wheel Hoe Selection Guide Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Hydroponic & Container Basil Guide • Variety Selection Recommendations & Production Advice
- Hydroponic & Container Basil • Faster-Growing, Slower-Growing & Specialty Varieties
Clickable Comparison Chart
Brochure Insert (PDF)
- Common Tomato Pests, Diseases & Physiological Disorders • An Overview of Biotic & Abiotic Problems
Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Top-15 Tomatoes for Hoophouse • Recommendations from Johnny's Research & Trialing Team Article
- Tips for Successful Pepper Seedlings • Grow Pepper Transplants Like a Pro Article
- Field-Grown Pepper Production Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Diversified Broccoli: 5 Unique Types • Recommendations for Success with an Important (but Sensitive) Crop Article
- Mini & Sprouting Broccoli Varieties Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Success with Brassicas • Tips on Timing, Temperature, Fertility & Watering Article
- Common Brassica Pests & Diseases Article
- Seed Starting at Johnny's • 3 Systems for Professional-Quality Seedlings Article
- Lettuce for Every Grower • How to Choose & Grow the Best Types & Varieties Article