Red Marble's dark red color goes deep into the rings. Avg. 1 1/2-1 3/4" diameter by 3/4-1" depth. Hard, good storage variety. Approximate latitude range 38°-55°. Offered in bunches, avg. 50-60 plants per bunch (Unit). Also offered as seeds.
All onion plants ship from January through May based on planting zone.
Latin Name: Allium cepa
Days to Maturity or Bloom:
Shipping Information & Notes
This product cannot be shipped to the following states:AE, AP, AS, FM, GU, ID, MH, MP, PR, PW, VI
This product cannot be shipped to Canada
This product cannot be shipped outside the United States or Canada
1) Onion plants are shipped weekly from mid-January through the end of April, starting in the southern U.S. You may choose your desired ship week or plants will be sent at the appropriate planting time for your location (by USDA Plant Hardiness Zone). Please be aware that by choosing ship dates earlier than the recommended date for your zone, there is a chance that the product could freeze in transit.
2) Plants arrive as dormant starts. Expect them to be dry and/or pale in color due to dormancy and shipping. They are very hardy and will thrive if cared for properly.
3) Offered in bunches of approximately 50-60 plants, one variety per bunch.
4) Plants are shipped via the U.S. Postal Service within the continental U.S. Please provide a street address if ordering the larger sizes.
5) Plants are shipped via UPS to AK and HI. Please provide a street address.
6) Onion plants cannot be shipped to ID, outside the U.S., or to U.S. territories.
CULTURE: Sow seed in early spring in 2-4" wide bands or single rows 4" apart, about 1/2" between seeds for summer type, 3/4" apart for fall type. Thinning is not necessary. Cultivate with a tine weeder. HARVEST: Loosen with fork or underminer and gather. ADAPTATION: "Minis" will bulb smaller and sooner the farther north they are grown. Suited to 40° and higher latitudes for mini cipollinis, and for small to medium onions farther south. AVG. DIRECT SEEDING RATE: 50'/5M, 80'/oz., 13 oz./1,000', 34 lb./acre at 96 seeds/ft. in 4" wide bands, in rows 12" apart. SIZED SEEDS: All seeds are unsized. SEED SPECS: SEEDS/LB.: 110,000-140,000 (avg. 125,000). PACKET: 1,000 seeds.