- Success with Brassicas | Advice on Timing, Temperature, Fertility & Watering
- Standard Broccoli | Key Growing Information
- Mini & Sprouting Broccoli | Key Growing Information
- Early-Sprouting Broccoli (aka Summer-Sprouting Broccoli) | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Broccoli | Standard Heading Varieties | Comparison Chart / Planting Program (PDF)
- Video: 'Happy Rich' Mini Broccoli
- Broccoli | Standard Heading Varieties | Planting Program Comparison Chart
- Leaf Broccoli | Key Growing Information
- Johnny's Planting & Harvesting Programs
- Mini Broccoli & Sprouting Broccoli Varieties | Comparison Chart | PDF
- Video: What's the Difference Between Gai Lan & Gai Lan x Broccoli?
- Broccoli Raab | Key Growing Information
- Common Brassica Pests & Diseases | Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Late-Sprouting Broccoli (aka Winter-Sprouting or Purple-Sprouting Broccoli) | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Mini & Sprouting Broccoli Varieties | Planting Program Comparison Chart
Leaf Broccoli - Key Growing Information
CULTURE: Hardy to light frost. Prefers soil with a pH of 6.0–7.5. Direct seed: For baby leaf sow 60 seeds per foot in a 2–4" wide band. For full-size production sow 1–2" apart, ¼–½" deep, in rows 18" apart. Thin to 4–6" apart.
DISEASES AND PESTS: The best insect pest control on young plants provided by the use of fabric row covers, which prevent the insects' access to the plants. Control flea beetles with insecticides such as azadirachtin or pyrethrin, and cabbage worms with B.t. Prevent disease with crop rotation and good sanitation.
HARVEST: For baby leaf, harvest when leaves are 3–4" tall. For full-size production, keep young leaves picked for a continuous harvest over 4–6 weeks or harvest whole plants for bunching.
SEED SPECS: Seeds/oz.: Avg. 7,800. Avg. Direct Seeding Rate: For baby leaf: 1 oz./125', 14.5 lbs/acre @ 60 seeds/ft., rows 18" apart. For full size 1 oz/1250', 1.45 lbs/acre @ 6 seeds/ft. Packet: 250 seeds, sows 4.2' for baby leaf or 42' full size.