- Basic Microgreens Starter Kit Instructions | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Video: 'Confetti Radish' Micro Mix | Exclusively from Johnny's
- Deluxe Microgreens Starter Kit Instructions | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- 12 Best Microgreens for Beginner Growers | Easy Choices to Get You Started from Johnny's Research Team
- Microgreens Yield Data Trial | Summary, Materials & Methods, Findings & Discussion
- Microgreens Yield Data Trial | Table of RAW DATA (XLSX)
- Microgreens Yield Data Trial | Table of Averages for Each Variety | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Fast-Growing Microgreen Flowers, Herbs & Vegetables | Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Microgreens | Key Growing Information
- Slow-Growing Microgreen Flowers, Herbs & Vegetables | Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Microgreens Brochure | An Overview of Growing, Harvesting & Marketing Basics | Printable 4-pp PDF
- Johnny's Microgreens | Comparison Chart of Flower, Herb & Vegetable, Fast- & Slow-Growing Varieties | 2-pp Brochure Insert (PDF)
- Microgreens Production | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- New Greens & Salad & Micro Mixes | 2-pp Insert (PDF)
- Salad Mixes & Microgreens Mixes | 2-pp Spec Sheet (PDF)
- Video: Microgreens Production & ROI, with Thomas Macy
- Growing Microgreens Year-Round for Profit | Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Video: Mild Micro Mix | Exclusively from Johnny's
- Video: 'Rainbow Sprinkles' MicroMix | Exclusively from Johnny's
- Costs & Materials Calculator | Microgreens & Seedling Bench for High Tunnel Installation
Video: 'Rainbow Sprinkles' MicroMix | Exclusively from Johnny's
R&D Microgreens Trialing Technician Rachel Katz covers the key characteristics of this pretty, colorful, mild-flavored beet & chard mix — exclusively from Johnny's Selected Seeds.
Hi! Today we're going to talk about the beet and chard microgreen mix called 'Rainblow Sprinkles. Here it is.
It's a really fun mix, with a lot of color. The stems are different colors — we've got red and orange and yellow and pink, light pink, dark pink — a lot of different colors. And then, also blended in are varieties that have red leaves. So it makes a really nice and exciting mix!
It has a really mild flavor.
It takes a few more days to reach maturity than the Brassica mixes. It requires more like 15-20 days — depending on the weather (ie, growing conditions that include light and temperature, among other variables).
The varieties in this mix were chosen for even germination and similar days to maturity, so that you can be sure that your flat will grow uniformly and be harvestable all at the same time.
And then, because beet and chard seed is so unusually shaped, you want to make sure you have good soil contact. So I like to really press it into the soil with my hands, and then make sure I cover it with vermiculite — or you could cover it with another light layer of soil — just to make sure that you have even moisture on the seed, to ensure good germination.
Browse all our full selection of Microgreens Mixes…