If you're a returning customer trying to access your Johnny's account, please note that our new website requires you to reset your password to access your account. Please click on the "Forgot Password?" link above the Password box on the Login page. See also the instructions below for details. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
How to reset your password
- Click the "Login' link in the top navigation bar.
- This will take you to the "My Account" page.
- Under the heading "Returning Customers," enter your Email Address in the box, then click the "Forgot Password" link above the Password box. (You will not be able to proceed without entering your email address — if you have not done so, a red message will popup to indicate this.)
- A pop-up box will appear, requesting you to enter the email address you used to create your account. Fill in the Email Address, then click the red "Send" button.
- A second pop-up box will appear, containing a message directing you to check your email.
- Check your email in-box for an email from Johnny's containing a reset-password link. The email will come from "email@example.com," so if you do not see it, check your junk box to be sure your email program is not blocking that address.
- Click on the link in the email. It will bring you to a page where you can Set a NEW Password. Enter a new password, confirm the new password, and click on the red "Apply" button:
- You should see the following message indicating that you have successfully reset your password.
- You will also receive an email indicating the change (from firstname.lastname@example.org):
- You should now be able to click on the "Login" link in the top bar of the website, as depicted in Step 1 — and log in with your new password.
If you continue to experience problems accessing your account, please call us toll-free at 1-877-564-6697 during business hours, and a customer service representative will assist you.
How can I place an order with Johnny's?
US : 1-800-738-6314 | International: 207-238-5375
Johnny's Selected Seeds, PO Box 299, Waterville, Maine 04903 USA
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Credit Cards and Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
- Personal Checks
- Money Orders and Cashier's Checks
Wire Transfers (requires additional bank fee of
- Johnny's Gift Certificates and Gift Coupons
Johnny's also offers credit accounts to commercial customers.
For more information, see Commercial Sales .
Gift Certificates: How do I use it? Does it expire? What if I lose it?
- Gift certificates can be used as partial or full payment for all order methods. When placing your order, simply indicate the gift certificate number and its dollar value. If the amount of your gift certificate is larger than your order amount, another gift certificate will be issued. If the remaining gift certificate credit balance is less than $5, a check will be issued rather than another gift certificate.
- Our gift certificates do not expire.
- If you have lost a gift certificate, we can help. Please Contact Us for assistance .
Do you charge sales tax?
As required by law, we charge Maine sales tax on all items shipped to Maine addresses.
Do you accept international credit cards?
Yes, we accept international credit cards. However, these cards usually have daily spending limits. Depending on the size of your order, we may need to divide it into multiple orders that ship on different days, to stay within your card's daily limit.
Do you accept credit card gift cards?
No. Currently, we are not able to accept gift cards as a form of payment.
How can I get assistance if I need it?
We're here to help you! Please call 1-877-564-6697 to speak with one of our knowledgeable Contact Center Specialists. We're open year-round, with extended hours during the busiest planning, planting, and growing months. If you prefer to email your message, please use our convenient Contact Form We will be back in touch with you within 48 business hours.
Where else can I go to buy your products?
To find the nearest retail store in the US that carries Johnny's Selected Seeds, see our Store Locator . We suggest calling ahead to verify hours and availability.
What is your return policy?
Johnny's is committed to your success. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will replace the item or refund the purchase price. For more details and instructions, see Returns & Exchanges .
Do you keep my credit card information on file?
No. For your security, we do not retain credit card details on file. For more information, see Privacy & Security .
When will you charge my credit card?
When we receive your order, we will preauthorize your purchase total by confirming that the preauthorization amount is available on your card. When we ship your order, your credit card will be charged.
Why did you charge my credit card in multiple amounts for one order?
Your credit card is charged only when items you have ordered are shipped. Any backordered items will be charged separately, at the time of shipment. Backordered items processed separately from the original order are shipped at no additional expense to US and Canadian addresses.
Is it safe to use my credit card or debit card on your site?
Yes. We are committed to protecting your personal information. Johnny's uses HTTPS technology to provide you with the safest, most secure shopping experience possible. If you prefer not to transmit your card information over the Internet, simply Contact Us to place your order by phone, fax, or regular mail.
Does your site have a secure connection?
Our site uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to secure the communication of all sensitive information passing between your web browser and our servers.
Can I change an order after I've submitted it?
We process orders very quickly, and once an order enters the fulfillment process we may be unable to modify it. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that in the majority of cases, our faster processing times work to your advantage.
If you do need to change, add to, or cancel an order, please Contact Us as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request. Orders placed via johnnyseeds.com undergo immediate preauthorization for the total order amount, and cannot be added to. If you have forgotten an item, you will need to place another web order or Call Us . We will be happy to help you!
What is meant by a product "substitute"? Why would you need to substitute a similar seed?
If an item is sold out, we may recommend a variety very similar to the original item, that will meet your needs. We will make substitutions only if we have received your prior authorization.
What is your cancellation policy?
It is our goal to deliver the high-quality goods and services you have come to expect from Johnny's. If you change your mind on an order, we will make every effort to honor your cancellation request.
If one of the items you have ordered is on backorder, and subsequently it becomes unavailable due to a crop failure, we will cancel your order and send you a cancellation notification. The most expedient way for us to contact you is via email. If we do not have an email address on file for you, we will send you a letter through the postal service.
What is meant by a "backordered" item?
A backordered item is one which is not currently available, but which we anticipate to become available at a date within the near future.
What is your policy regarding backorders?
While we make every effort to ship orders in their entirety, there are times when certain products may be delayed. Most backordered items become available within 30 days of the purchase date, but backorder dates are subject to change. If an item becomes further delayed, we will attempt to notify you. Please Contact Us with any additional questions you may have regarding backorders.
Is it possible for me to preorder an item that is marked "Out of Stock"?
If an item is currently marked backordered, it can be ordered at any time. If an item is currently marked out of stock, however, we cannot accept any orders for the item.
My item is listed with a "Revised Ship Date." Why has the ship date changed since I placed my order?
There are times when our suppliers are unable to meet our expected receiving dates. Unfortunately, when this happens, we must revise our ship date.
If I cancel my backordered item, will I receive a refund?
If you paid by check or money order, you will receive a refund check in the mail for the cancelled item.
If you used a credit card for payment and the backordered item has not yet shipped, no charge will have been made to your card. Therefore, a refund is not applicable, and you can simply contact us to cancel the order.
How do you calculate shipping charges?
On domestic orders, Johnny's applies standard shipping charges based on the order subtotal.
All nondomestic charges are based on the weight of the order.
What shipping methods do you offer?
Johnny's standard shipping methods include, but are not limited to:
- US Postal Service (USPS)
- Federal Express (FedEx)
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Other: Large bulk freight (truck) courier. Bulk orders weighing 300 lb or greater can be shipped by a freight courier. We will provide you with the best method for your order. We can also accommodate your courier of choice.
How do you decide which method to use for shipping my order?
Shipping methods are selected on the basis of destination zone, origin address, and the weight of the package.
How much do you charge for shipping?
Where do you ship?
When will my order be shipped?
All Standard, Next-Day Air, and 2nd-Day Air orders placed by 2:00 PM Eastern Time (1:30 PM ET on the web), Monday through Friday, will ship the same day on all in-stock items.
Orders placed after this time, or on weekends, will be processed for shipment the next business day.
Can my order be expedited if needed?
Yes. Johnny's offers faster delivery options. Please let us know your preference at time of ordering.
What is meant by "FOB Shipping" and "Zone Shipping Charges"?
- Freight On Board (FOB) and Zone Shipping Charges are additional shipping fees applied to certain products due to their size, weight, or dimensional shape.
- In our catalog, items and sizes requiring such additional shipping charges are denoted by a red asterisk ( * ).
- On our website, items or sizes requiring additional shipping charges are noted under Additional Information on the individual product page.
- The charges are broken down into Zones A, B, C, and D. The shipping address determines the zone and its associated charge.
- For Shipping Zone definitions, see Shipping Information .
My product says it can't be shipped to a certain state or country. Why?
Johnny's shipping restrictions reflect state and federal regulations that limit by law the transportation of certain items across borders or along public transportation routes. Such restrictions may relate to introduced, invasive, or noxious species or to other materials in the restricted products. We encourage you to Contact Us to request a recommended alternative.
Call Us Toll-free at 877-564-6697
January–AprilMonday–Friday 7am–10pm ET Saturday–Sunday 8am–5pm ET
MayMonday–Friday 7am–9pm ET Saturday–Sunday 8am–5pm ET
JuneMonday–Friday 8am–7pm ET Saturday–Sunday 8am–5pm ET