- Pests & Diseases of Greenhouses & Hydroponic Systems | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Hydroponic & Container Basil Guide | Printable 4-pp Brochure (PDF)
- Growing Herbs in Containers | Tips for Production of Professional-Quality Container Herbs
- Video: Growing Peppers in Containers with Niki Jabbour & Johnny's
- Video: Growing Tomatoes in Containers with Niki Jabbour & Johnny's
- Cucumber Grafting | Advantages, Materials & Technique
- Pest & Disease Control Basics in Greenhouse, Hydroponic & Other Protected-Culture Systems
- Smart Pots | Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Video: Container Growing Basics | Tips & Recommendations with Niki Jabbour
- Fertil Pots | Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Video: DIY Cold Frame • Easy How-to Tutorial with Niki Jabbour
- Strawberries | Instructions for Growing in Hanging Containers from Bare-root Plants | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Hydroponic & Container Basil Varieties | Comparison Charts (PDF) | Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Hydroponic & Container Basil Varieties | Comparison Charts | Faster-Growing, Slower-Growing & Specialty Varieties
Video: Growing Peppers in Containers with Niki Jabbour & Johnny's
Peppers are one of the best vegetable crops for growing in containers — especially in short-season climates, where the soil in spring can be slow to warm up. Four-season Nova Scotia gardener Niki Jabbour covers key steps for success with container pepper growing in this quickie tutorial.
7 Steps for Container Pepper Success
- Find the right-sized pot.
- Fill with growing medium and any amendments needed, such as compost and slow-release organic fertilizer.
- Transplant your pepper seedlings into the containers. Niki has chosen to grow jalapeño 'Jedi'; corno di toro 'Escamillo'; and Fresno 'Flaming Flare' in 7-gallon Smart Pots.
- Water the newly transplanted seedlings well, and continue with regular watering so containers do not dry out.
- Feed every couple of weeks with a liquid organic fertilizer.
- Support your pepper plants with a tomato cage or stake(s).
- Harvest often to encourage heavy production. Use garden shears to avoid damaging the plant.
Enjoy your container peppers!
8 Great Vegetables for Beginning Gardeners • Video Series…
Scroll the menu at left to select from all our resources on this topic.