- Eucalyptus | Key Growing Information
- Flower Farmers' Favorite Fillers & Foliage | Recommendations from 3 Farmer-Florists
- Slow Flowers | Celebrating Fifth-Season Regional Design Elements
- Modern Everlastings: Guidance on Dried Botanicals from 4 Far-flung Farmer-Florists
- How to Air-Dry Cut Flowers | Easy Instructions from Johnny's
- Video: Eucalyptus in Johnny's Overwinter Flowers Tunnel
- Video: Tips & Recommendations for Dried Flowers • Tutorial with Joy Longfellow
- Celebrate the 7th American Flowers Week | Johnny's 2021 Botanical Couture
- Succession-Planting Flowers | Scheduling & Planning, Sowing Frequency, Recordkeeping & Recommendations
Eucalyptus - Key Growing Information
SOWING: Transplant (recommended) - Sow 10-12 weeks before planting out. Solar mulch is recommended in areas with short growing seasons. Cover seeds lightly at the time of sowing.
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
PLANT HEIGHT: Varies.
PLANT SPACING: 12-24".
HARDINESS ZONES: Zones 9-11. Eucalyptus may be grown as a perennial in areas that receive no frost or with adequate protection from frost in cooler regions.
HARVEST: After leaves start to feel leathery. Easily preserved with glycerin.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Well-drained fertile soil.
USES: Excellent cut or dried flower foliage. Accent in beds. Excellent container plants.
ALTERNATE NAMES: Cider gum, gum, euc