Offering informative & inspiring articles for cut-flower success
Photo © Mary Grace Long
Johnny's is pleased to be partnering with Debra Prinzing, award-winning author, speaker, Slow Flowers founder, and tireless advocate for the local flower movement. With Debra's creative assistance, we're publishing a series of informative and inspiring articles that focus on cut-flower success.
SlowFlowers.com is a free online directory to North American flowers and farms, shops, studios, and designers who supply them. Founded in 2013, SlowFlowers.com has over 700 members in 48 states representing all facets of the flower industry — farmers, wholesalers, retailers, florists, and online sellers. In 2016, SlowFlowers.com welcomed Canadian members to the fold.
Listed below are links to a few articles borne of our partnership, rich with imagery and information, to offer ideas and encouragement as you plan, dig into, or expand your own flower-farming aspirations.
Wherever you grow, we support your efforts in fulfilling those aspirations, invite you to enjoy these articles, and thank you for participating in the Slow Flowers community.
- Staging On-Farm Floral Workshops • Offering New Channels of Revenue & a Valuable Way to Connect with Your Ultimate Customer
- 5 Cool Flowers to Plant Now • Lisa Mason Ziegler's Tips & Recommendations for Growing Hardy, Cool-Season Annuals
- Fifth-Season Regional Floral Design Elements • Celebrating the Beautiful, the Abundant & the Unexpected
- Slow Flowers Floral Forecast • Part 2: Palette & Petal Crushes
- Slow Flowers Floral Forecast • Part 1: A Summary of Industry Insights & Trends
As we produce additional articles in the coming months, be sure to check back to read the latest!