- New Flowers for 2024
- New for 2024: Veggies & Herbs
- Veggie Remix: Bring New Flavors & Colors into Your Garden
- Irrigation Systems & Methods
- Flower Growing in Southern States
- Jang Seeder: How to Maximize Its Potential
- Fundamentals of Cucumber Grafting
- One-Cut Lettuces • Insights & Techniques for Small Farms
- Tomato Variety Trends • How Breeding Influences Your Seed Selection
- New for 2023 • Vegetables & Herbs
- New for 2023 • Flowers & Floral Supplies
- Cover Cropping for Field & Garden with Collin Thompson
- Growing Under Cover with Niki Jabbour
- Learning Resources: Climate Adaptation for Vegetable & Flower Farmers
- Baby Leaf Greens: 12 Picks for Market Growers
- Tomatoes • 10 Unsung Heroes
- Peppers • Mostly Sweet with a Touch of Heat
- New for 2022 • Our Top Selections for You
- Producer Cooperatives for Small-Scale Farmers
- Beat the Heat • Lettuce & Specialty Greens for Southern Growers
- Top-Performing Pumpkins for the Market Garden
- Overwinter Flowers • How to extend your growing season with cold-hardy annuals
- Slow Flowers Floral Forecast
- Fundamentals of Tomato Grafting
Irrigation Systems & Methods • with Collin Thompson, Johnny's Farm Ops Manager
Welcome to the Resources page for our Irrigation Systems & Methods Webinar. The webinar has taken place, but in case you missed it or would like to revisit the material, we've provided links to the the slide deck and video recording of the webinar, as well as a link to our Irrigation Library.
OVERVIEW: Water is essential for a healthy crop, but determining how much, when, and how best to use water can be confusing. Skilled irrigators know how to balance soil type, weather, crop growth, and system limitations to ensure water is applied when and where it is needed without wasting time, energy, money, or water.
Johnny's Farm Manager, Collin Thompson, leads a discussion on irrigation methods and systems, covering topics that will help farmers and gardeners evaluate the factors impacting their irrigation decisions, determine what type of irrigation equipment is best suited to their conditions, and understand the process of developing an irrigation schedule.
A Q&A session, moderated by Assistant Farm Manager Jon Ault, follows the presentation.