- Register Today! New-for-2023 • Vegetables & Herbs
- Learning Resources: New-for-2023 • Flowers & Floral Supplies
- Learning Resources: Cover Cropping for Field & Garden with Collin Thompson
- Learning Resources: Growing Under Cover with Niki Jabbour
- Learning Resources: Climate Adaptation for Vegetable & Flower Farmers
- Learning Resources: Baby Leaf Greens: 12 Picks for Market Growers
- Learning Resources: Tomatoes • 10 Unsung Heroes
- Learning Resources: Peppers • Mostly Sweet with a Touch of Heat
- Learning Resources: New for 2022 • Our Top Selections for You
- Learning Resources: Producer Cooperatives for Small-Scale Farmers
- Learning Resources: Beat the Heat • Lettuce & Specialty Greens for Southern Growers
- Learning Resources: Top-Performing Pumpkins for the Market Garden
- Learning Resources: Overwinter Flowers • How to extend your growing season with cold-hardy annuals
- Learning Resources: Slow Flowers Floral Forecast
- Learning Resources: Fundamentals of Tomato Grafting
Peppers: Mostly Sweet with a Touch of Heat
Welcome to the Resources page for our Webinar on Peppers: Mostly Sweet with a Touch of Heat, a list of materials covering the basics of our award-winning pepper breeding and trialing program, key distinguishing characteristics to look for in your peppers, our product assortment rationale, and a few of our favorites. Plus! comparison tools and guidance for determining which varieties will perform best for your unique needs and preferences.
OVERVIEW: Steve Bellavia, Peppers Product Manager at Johnny's, together with Nate Gorlin–Crenshaw and Wes Palmer provide a tour of our sweet peppers line. While the focus is primarily on sweet peppers — bells, specialty sweet, snack, and shishito types — we take a look at jalapeños as well. Delve into this selection of mostly-sweet with a touch-of-heat peppers with Steve, Nate, and Wes, and learn about such defining characteristics for pepper types and cultivars as adaptability, habit, flavor, yield, disease resistance, and best uses.
A Q&A session with participants follows the presentation.