- Register Today! New-for-2023 • Vegetables & Herbs
- Learning Resources: New-for-2023 • Flowers & Floral Supplies
- Learning Resources: Cover Cropping for Field & Garden with Collin Thompson
- Learning Resources: Growing Under Cover with Niki Jabbour
- Learning Resources: Climate Adaptation for Vegetable & Flower Farmers
- Learning Resources: Baby Leaf Greens: 12 Picks for Market Growers
- Learning Resources: Tomatoes • 10 Unsung Heroes
- Learning Resources: Peppers • Mostly Sweet with a Touch of Heat
- Learning Resources: New for 2022 • Our Top Selections for You
- Learning Resources: Producer Cooperatives for Small-Scale Farmers
- Learning Resources: Beat the Heat • Lettuce & Specialty Greens for Southern Growers
- Learning Resources: Top-Performing Pumpkins for the Market Garden
- Learning Resources: Overwinter Flowers • How to extend your growing season with cold-hardy annuals
- Learning Resources: Slow Flowers Floral Forecast
- Learning Resources: Fundamentals of Tomato Grafting
Top-Performing Pumpkins for the Market Garden
Welcome to the Resources page for our Top-Performing Pumpkin Webinar, a list of educational materials covering "how we make pumpkins here," plus comparison tools and guidance for determining which varieties will perform best for your unique needs and preferences.
OVERVIEW: Johnny's Pumpkin Product Manager Pete Zuck introduces you to his work, offering some history on Johnny's pumpkin breeding program, touching on the evolution of the pumpkin product line, and defining characteristics that make a great pumpkin stand out from all the pretty good ones.
Pete reviews Johnny's top-10 best pumpkin varieties, highlighting key features, making product comparisons, and identifying target markets, with an added dash of lore on how these varieties got where they are today in the overall assortment rationale, plus tips on matching your geographic location, market needs, and personal preferences to desirable characteristics.
The presentation is followed by a Q&A session in which Pete is joined by Product Technician Nate Gorlin–Crenshaw and former Commercial Sales Rep Ken Fine.