- New Flowers for 2024
- New for 2024: Veggies & Herbs
- Veggie Remix: Bring New Flavors & Colors into Your Garden
- Irrigation Systems & Methods
- Flower Growing in Southern States
- Jang Seeder: How to Maximize Its Potential
- Fundamentals of Cucumber Grafting
- One-Cut Lettuces • Insights & Techniques for Small Farms
- Tomato Variety Trends • How Breeding Influences Your Seed Selection
- New for 2023 • Vegetables & Herbs
- New for 2023 • Flowers & Floral Supplies
- Cover Cropping for Field & Garden with Collin Thompson
- Growing Under Cover with Niki Jabbour
- Learning Resources: Climate Adaptation for Vegetable & Flower Farmers
- Baby Leaf Greens: 12 Picks for Market Growers
- Tomatoes • 10 Unsung Heroes
- Peppers • Mostly Sweet with a Touch of Heat
- New for 2022 • Our Top Selections for You
- Producer Cooperatives for Small-Scale Farmers
- Beat the Heat • Lettuce & Specialty Greens for Southern Growers
- Top-Performing Pumpkins for the Market Garden
- Overwinter Flowers • How to extend your growing season with cold-hardy annuals
- Slow Flowers Floral Forecast
- Fundamentals of Tomato Grafting
Tomato Variety Trends: How Breeding Influences Your Seed Selection
Welcome to the Learning Resources page for our webinar on Tomato Variety Trends: How Breeding Influences Your Seed Selection. The webinar has taken place, but here is where you can find a video of the full webinar and access additional materials to catch up on what's happening in the world of tomato breeding.
OVERVIEW: Want an inside look at trends in the tomato world? Discover where your tomato seed comes from and what's on the horizon!
Tomato Product Manager Pete Zuck and Tomato Trial Technician Daniel Yoder review recent trends in tomato variety improvement, including disease resistance, market type, flavor, and adaptation.
Pete also breaks down some of the esoteric inner workings of the international tomato breeding business, which ranges in scale from independent backyard breeders to multinational conglomerates.
A Q&A session, moderated by Farmer and Midwest Sales Representative Dana Hilfinger, follows the presentation.