- Register Today! One-Cut Lettuces: Insights & Techniques for Small Farms
- Learning Resources: Tomato Variety Trends • How Breeding Influences Your Seed Selection
- Learning Resources: New for 2023 • Vegetables & Herbs
- Learning Resources: New for 2023 • Flowers & Floral Supplies
- Learning Resources: Cover Cropping for Field & Garden with Collin Thompson
- Learning Resources: Growing Under Cover with Niki Jabbour
- Learning Resources: Climate Adaptation for Vegetable & Flower Farmers
- Learning Resources: Baby Leaf Greens: 12 Picks for Market Growers
- Learning Resources: Tomatoes • 10 Unsung Heroes
- Learning Resources: Peppers • Mostly Sweet with a Touch of Heat
- Learning Resources: New for 2022 • Our Top Selections for You
- Learning Resources: Producer Cooperatives for Small-Scale Farmers
- Learning Resources: Beat the Heat • Lettuce & Specialty Greens for Southern Growers
- Learning Resources: Top-Performing Pumpkins for the Market Garden
- Learning Resources: Overwinter Flowers • How to extend your growing season with cold-hardy annuals
- Learning Resources: Slow Flowers Floral Forecast
- Learning Resources: Fundamentals of Tomato Grafting
Tomato Variety Trends: How Breeding Influences Your Seed Selection
Welcome to the Learning Resources page for our webinar on Tomato Variety Trends: How Breeding Influences Your Seed Selection. The webinar has taken place, but here is where you can find a video of the full webinar and access additional materials to catch up on what's happening in the world of tomato breeding.
OVERVIEW: Want an inside look at trends in the tomato world? Discover where your tomato seed comes from and what's on the horizon!
Tomato Product Manager Pete Zuck and Tomato Trial Technician Daniel Yoder review recent trends in tomato variety improvement, including disease resistance, market type, flavor, and adaptation.
Pete also breaks down some of the esoteric inner workings of the international tomato breeding business, which ranges in scale from independent backyard breeders to multinational conglomerates.
A Q&A session, moderated by Farmer and Midwest Sales Representative Dana Hilfinger, follows the presentation.