- Tulip (Tulipa) Bulb Varieties | Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Tulip (Tulipa spp) | Key Growing Information
- Tulip & Narcissus Production Guide | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Digital Flower Bulb Catalog | Johnny’s Selected Seeds
- Video: Overwintering Tulips in an Unheated Tunnel
- 'Super Parrot' Tulip
- Video: 'Marie Jo' Tulip from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- 'Astronaut Andre Kuipers' Tulip
- 'Crème Upstar' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Sensual Touch' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Queen of the Night' Single Late Tulip
- 'Drumline' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Black Parrot' Late-Flowering Parrot Tulip
- Video: 'Queensday' Tulip | from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Video: 'Exotic Emperor' Tulip | from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- 'Dream Touch' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Parrot King' Tulip
- 'Menton' Single Late-Flowering Tulip
- 'Silver Cloud' Triumph Tulip
- 'Finola' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Amazing Parrot' Apricot-Colored Parrot Tulip
- 'Foxtrot' Fragrant Double-Late-Flowering Tulip
- 'Marit' Darwin Hybrid Single Tulip
- Video: Darwin Hybrid Tulips from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Video: 'Margarita' Tulip from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- 'Mysterious Parrot' Late-Flowering Tulip
- 'Charming Beauty' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Verona' Double Early Flowering Tulip
- 'Apricot Parrot' Tulip
- 'Sunset Tropical' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- Cut-Flower Harvesting & Post-Harvest Care | Best Practices from Pros in the Slow Flower Community
- Chrysal Clear Bulb Flower Conditioner | SDS
- Chrysal Clear Bulb T-Bag | Cut-Flower Conditioner | SDS
Video: 'Marie Jo' Tulip from Johnny's Selected Seeds
A closer look at 'Marie Jo' tulip from Johnny's
I'm here in our tulip trial. The variety in front of me is 'Marie Jo'. This is a double-flowering tulip. This is typically one of the earliest doubles to flower in our trial.
There are a couple things about it that are really special.
You can see the really bright, glowing yellow color — great for early spring.
Then the blooms are really nice and fully double, with multiple layers of petals. They open wide, to about 3–4" wide, when they're fully open.
They have a really nice fragrance, as well. I think that they're one of the most fragrant tulips that we have in our trial. It's a really nice, citrusy scent.
They also have long, tall straight stems. This bloom right here is definitely past the ideal harvest stage, but if you were looking to harvest for markets or bouquets, something a little closer to this is what you would look for.
Again, this is 'Marie Jo':
- nice long stems;
- early flowering double;
- beautiful golden color —
- and a really nice variety!