- Tulip (Tulipa) Bulb Varieties | Comparison Chart (PDF)
- Tulip (Tulipa spp) | Key Growing Information
- Tulip & Narcissus Production Guide | Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Digital Flower Bulb Catalog | Johnny’s Selected Seeds
- Video: Overwintering Tulips in an Unheated Tunnel
- 'Super Parrot' Tulip
- Video: 'Marie Jo' Tulip from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- 'Astronaut Andre Kuipers' Tulip
- 'Crème Upstar' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Sensual Touch' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Queen of the Night' Single Late Tulip
- 'Drumline' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Black Parrot' Late-Flowering Parrot Tulip
- Video: 'Queensday' Tulip | from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Video: 'Exotic Emperor' Tulip | from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- 'Dream Touch' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Parrot King' Tulip
- 'Menton' Single Late-Flowering Tulip
- 'Silver Cloud' Triumph Tulip
- 'Finola' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Amazing Parrot' Apricot-Colored Parrot Tulip
- 'Foxtrot' Fragrant Double-Late-Flowering Tulip
- 'Marit' Darwin Hybrid Single Tulip
- Video: Darwin Hybrid Tulips from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Video: 'Margarita' Tulip from Johnny's Selected Seeds
- 'Mysterious Parrot' Late-Flowering Tulip
- 'Charming Beauty' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- 'Verona' Double Early Flowering Tulip
- 'Apricot Parrot' Tulip
- 'Sunset Tropical' Double Late Flowering Tulip
- Cut-Flower Harvesting & Post-Harvest Care | Best Practices from Pros in the Slow Flower Community
- Chrysal Clear Bulb Flower Conditioner | SDS
- Chrysal Clear Bulb T-Bag | Cut-Flower Conditioner | SDS
'Verona' Double Early Flowering Tulip
A closer look at 'Verona' tulip from Johnny's
I'm here in our tulip trial in front of 'Verona'. This is another really nice, early flowering double variety called 'Verona'.
One of the things I really like about this variety is the color. The ivory to cream bloom is really beautiful, perfect for early spring. It's really versatile and blending with a lot of other different tulips or daffodils or whatever else might be blooming in the early spring.
The flowers will open up to 3 to 4 inches wide when they're fully open. And you can see they have multiple layers of petals on the inside and have kind of a feathery look to them. Another thing that's nice about this variety is the long straight stems, which are nice and sturdy. This this bloom right here is fully open and a little bit past the ideal harvest stage for bouquets or markets.
This is an example of what is closer to ideal harvest stage. You can see these buds have a bit more of a green color to them and then on the edges, a little bit of ivory. The color changes and transitions to much more of a creamy, pale, buttery yellow bloom.
These are also really fragrant. They have a nice, citrusy scent. I think this is maybe my favorite tulip variety for right now at least. Right next to it is 'Marie Jo'. You can see the comparison between the color on these two varieties. They both bloom at a similar time. Nice, really full double flowering varieties.'Marie Jo' is a deeper, more glowing yellow, and 'Verona' is a softer, creamy, pale color. Both are really comparable in terms of height and bloom, size and quality, both really nice, fragrant options for for early flowering double tulips.